Friday, June 19, 2009

PS22 Chorus Gets A Call From The U.S. Secretary of Education!!




It was an amazing honor to get a phone call at home yesterday from U.S. Secretary of Education, Arne Duncan! The Secretary is the head of the Department of Education and also a member of the President's Cabinet! He is 16th in the line of sucession for the presidency. So you can imagine my surprise to receive his call! The Secretary was extremely complimentary and expressed his appreciation of the kids and their accomplishments. He also asked if I felt the future of the program was in jeopardy. (Of course, there is always the chance funding could get cut, circumstances being what they are.) He gave me his number and told me to call upon him if ever we needed any assistance. In times like these, it's good for the chorus to have friends like the Secretary, and I'm extremely grateful to him for such a kind offer. But wow!! It's still mind-blowing to me just how far the voices of the chorus seems to be carrying lately. To I'm so proud of you kids, and this ought to make you guys extremely proud too!

No comments:

Post a Comment